If you’re an aspiring or existing L&D Manager/Business Partner or are looking for the next step for your L&D career, the CIPD Level 5 Certificate/Diploma in L&D programme could be for you.
On this programme you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to be a next generation L&D Manager and develop a deeper understanding of the L&D function and the challenges and skills you face within the L&D industry.
You’ll be supported throughout by a specialised facilitator from the industry, and you will also receive a host of other fantastic benefits that you won’t find elsewhere. These include:
- in-depth support from your facilitator to pinpoint your specific needs and requirements
- quality online learning designed for you to access at times to suit you, such as on your lunch breaks or on your commute,
- top quality training venues in easy to reach locations with lunch included,
- complimentary access to the award-winning DPG community, not just while you’re on the programme, but also for life. This means that you can stay up to date with the latest developments, get support from your peers and read L&D publications from some of our community experts
*Request T&Cs on booking of this programme
What you will learn
The programme covers all the typical aspects of an L&D practitioner role, each of which is a specific CIPD unit. These include:
- Developing Professional Practice in Learning and Development – In this unit you will familiarise yourself with the current trends and practices in L&D to help you develop a comprehensive understanding of the core knowledge, skills and behaviours required by L&D professionals.
- Developing and Using Consultancy Skills – In this unit, you’ll further develop your understanding of the nature of consultancy, different consultancy roles and the key stages in the consultancy process.
- Understanding the Context of Learning and Development – In this unit, you’ll explore and analyse a range of factors which influence L&D policy and form the context of learning and development practice.
- Using Information, Metrics and Developing Business cases for L&D – In this unit, you’ll examine how research can improve understanding, aid decision- making and provide the basis for change in L&D practice in particular.
- Managing the Learning and Development Business Function – In this unit you’ll further develop your understanding of the key purpose and objectives of the learning and development function in contemporary organisations.
- Understanding Organisational Development (Diploma Only) – In this unit you’ll explore and analyse the concept of organisational development (OD) by looking at the relationship of OD with learning and development (L&D).
- Designing and Developing Digital and Blended Learning Solutions (Diploma Only) – On this unit you discuss and develop the knowledge and skills you need to take advantage of the opportunities technology provides in making learning that is more flexible, accessible and scaleable.