You need this course if...
- You have successfully completed an IRCA approved Lead Auditor course in another management system discipline and wish to extend your knowledge and skills in auditing to encompass auditing of an Energy Management System (EnMS). The course covers the skills and knowledge required to conduct second and third party EnMS audits effectively
- you want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
What you will learn
You will learn…
- how to relate the auditing process to the management of energy use and consumption
- how to identify key pieces of energy legislation and define their relevance in the context of energy auditing
- how to interpret requirements of ISO 50001 in the context of an audit
- how to undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- the business benefits of implementing an EnMS and the background to ISO 50001
- essential definitions and terminology to help you interpret and audit ISO 50001 requirements
- the purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 50001 and similarities with other management systems
- the contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- the roles and responsibilities of an EnMS auditor and lead auditor
- how to determine energy aspects
- the importance and relevance of energy aspects and energy legislation
- how to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- how to verify current practice conforms with defined requirements and ISO 50001
- that auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of a management systems
- to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- to report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 50001
- what corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
- the certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.