You need this course if you are a member of the energy team within an organisation, or you want to learn more about energy management principles and how ISO 50001 can be used to improve energy performance.
What you will learn
You will learn...
- The key energy management principles covering the following areas:the principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- the relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- the typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- energy use data analysis methods
- energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- the impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers
- The purpose of the energy team
- ISO 50001 requirements and how to apply them to the management of energy use and consumption
- How to develop energy baselines, including the use of variables to normalise data
- To identify ways to improve energy performance and how to manage these initiatives using an EnMS.