The course follows the Level 2 QCF syllabus (SCQF Level 5 in Scotland) and you will receive a Green Cross training QCF certificate valid for 3 years.
What you will learn
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a First Aider.
- Describe how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others.
- Identify the need for establishing consent to provide First Aid.
- Complete an accident report form.
- Identify the First Aid equipment that should be available in a workplace.
- Describe the safe use of First Aid equipment.
- Conduct a scene survey.
- Conduct a primary survey of a casualty.
- Give examples of when to call for help.
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness.
- Open a casualty’s airway and check breathing.
- Explain why it is important to place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position.
- Place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position.
- Manage a casualty who is in seizure.
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using a manikin.
- Describe how to identify a casualty with a:
- Partially blocked airway
- Completely blocked airway
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is choking
- Identify the types of external bleeding.
- Control external bleeding.
- Recognise shock.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with small cuts, grazes and bruises.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with small splinters.