The course provides delegates with a basic understanding of dangerous goods, and the actions required to transport lithium batteries safely and in compliance with the various regulations. It covers all aspects of the consignors’ responsibilities enabling delegates to fully understand how lithium batteries are transported.
What you will learn
Delegates will be able to:
• Understand the different Domestic and International regulations and modes of transport.
• Recognise the responsibilities of the consignor and their employees.
• Identify the requirement for training.
• Identify the hazards of lithium batteries.
• Understand the United Nations role and the classification system.
• Identify the requirements for package design, testing and approval.
• Understand the need for correct packaging and the markings and labels required.
• Recognise a dangerous goods document and related information.
• Understand how and when Special Provisions are applied.
• State the procedures for safe loading and handling.