The course provides delegates with a basic understanding of dangerous goods, and the actions required to transport them safely and in compliance with the various regulations. It covers all aspects of the consignors’ and carriers’ responsibilities enabling delegates to fully understand how dangerous goods are transported by road, sea and air.
What you will learn
Delegates will be able to:
• Understand the different Domestic and International regulations and modes of transport.
• State the responsibilities of each undertaking and their employees.
• Understand the requirement for training.
• Classify the hazards of dangerous goods.
• Understand the United Nations role and the classification system.
• Identify the requirements for package design, testing and approval.
• Understand the need for correct packaging and the markings and labels required.
• Recognise a dangerous goods document and related information.
• Understand how and when Limited & Excepted Quantities and Special Provisions are applied.
• Identify the requirements for vehicles, equipment and crew.
• State the procedures for safe loading and handling and emergency response.