Become a Learning and Performance Institute (LPI) accredited trainer with our four-day Trainer Performance and Monitoring Assessment (TPMA) certification course. Over four days, you will practice, be challenged and receive invaluable feedback.Designed for trainers with at least six months experience, you will spend three days learning how to deliver interactive and engaging training. The final fourth day is your assessment day, where you will undergo a formal professional assessment.Happy is the only company in the UK to have achieved the LPI’s prestigious Gold Standard for 19 successive years – and if you don’t believe TPMA is a better training standard and that your training has been useful, you don’t have to pay us a penny.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will understand and be assessed against the core competencies necessary to pass the TPMA standards. What is the TPMA? The Learning and Performance Institute’s TPMA (Trainer Performance, Monitoring and Assessment) is designed to raise the standard of IT training across the industry. The Learning and Performance Institute (LPI) training competency framework is aligned with the national standards for all trainers, tutors and teachers.The assessment leads to the TPMA certificate, awarded by the LPI. Those successful will receive a certificate and will qualify for professional membership of the LPI.This is now the only certification available from the LPI. What is learner-focused training?Learner-focused training focuses the trainer on meeting the needs and objectives of the learner. This means fully and actively involving and engaging the learner. It means making the training an enjoyable experience and ensuring it is completely practical and relevant to their work. In recognition of the success of their learner-focused approach, Happy won the LPI’s Training Company of the Year award in 2009. Why choose Happy? Happy was the first Authorised Qualification & Assessment Centre (AQAC) for the new standard, and we are the only company in the UK to have achieved the LPI’s prestigious Gold Standard for 19 successive years.Not only this but we offer a full TPMA guarantee – if you don’t believe that the TPMA is a better training standard and that your training has been useful, you don’t have to pay us a penny.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand and be prepared to be assessed against the nine competencies necessary to pass the TPMA standards.
- Evaluate your current strengths and areas to work on in your training.
- Confidently use all four question techniques, to gain full learner participation and involvement in training.Identify the structure of a training session and be able to plan your own 30-minute training session.
- Create your own checklist for reviewing and preparing your training environment.
- Understand the benefits and key components of a lesson plan.
- Create session objectives that will sell your training to your learners.
- Identify four specific actions you will take to ensure a training session you run regularly is relevant for your learners.
- Create memorable learning experiences that will be recalled for longer.
- Demonstrate your current coaching skills and identify your strengths, and an area to work on.
- Identify activities and training aids that will appeal to each of the four learning styles, throughout a training session.
- Prepare a thorough recap for a specified training session.
- Describe how you would effectively handle learner questions in a variety of situations.
- Explain the difference between a professional, knowledgeable trainer and a subject expert.
- Understand how to use your learners’ experience and requirements to appropriately adapt a training session and monitor it to ensure you are meeting the objectives.