This one-day training course explores some of the issues associated with managing or leading a group of people who have come together to deliver a project. The course explores the challenges presented in taking responsibility for the work of a group of people who you do not line manage and who may have specialisms or interests very different to your own.
What you will learn
At the end of the course, learners should:
- Have considered how to bring together the ‘right’ team.
- Have explored how to ‘create the vision’ and ‘gain buy in’.
- Understand how to delegate/allocate tasks effectively.
- Be able to implement a range of approaches to monitoring team performance.
- Have considered how to keep a team motivated.
- Have explored how to work with team dynamics and deal with any difficulties.
- Have considered how to properly ‘disband’ the team at the end of the project.
- Identifying who you need on the team and bringing them on board.
- Agreeing direction and objectives.
- Sharing the work and keeping the team motivated.
- Managing team members’ performance.
- Dealing with clashes and conflicts through an understanding of team dynamics.
- What to do at the end of the project to bring the team to closure.