This two-day Project Management training course provides a valuable introduction to effective project management from developing the original project idea to writing the final project report. It includes a range of practical project planning and management tools and provides a handy guide to the ‘jargon’.
What you will learn
By the end of this two-day course, you will be able:
- To know the principal phases of a project, including definition, planning, implementation and completion.
- To understand project team roles.
- To understand the role and functions of a project manager.
- To use a range of techniques and tools to plan, monitor and control the project.
- To understand a range of project monitoring and evaluation methods.
- To enable you to collect the information and evidence to show how your project has succeeded in meeting its aims and objectives.
- The phases of the project life cycle.
- Managing the critical dimensions of quality, cost and time.
- Involving service-users and other stakeholders.
- Using a range of project management tools including:
- Work breakdown schedules
- Task dependencies
- Gantt charts
- Network diagramming
- Risk analysis
- Skills and responsibility matrices
- Project leadership, team roles and communication.
- Project completion and reporting.