This course will explore the role of the chair in getting the best out of meetings. The day will provide information on carrying through the role of chair and will consider some of the difficulties that can confront “the person in the chair”.
What you will learn
- To understand the responsibilities of the chair
- To be able to plan and lead meetings more effectively
- To be able to assist the meeting in achieving its aims
- To explore ways of getting the best from meetings.
- Preparations for chairing a meeting
- Different styles
- Working with other officers
- Working with the minute-taker
- Forming and managing the agenda
- Problems arising during the meeting
- The main tasks of setting the scene, holding the boundaries and summarising the discussion
- Responsibilities after the meeting, including confirming the minutes