Do you want to provide the only UK developed, internationally accredited, independently evaluated programme, described as the gold standard in suicide prevention training?
Successful completion of the ATT development programme will result in the creation of a license between SFA: Suicide First Aid (the Approved Centre by C&G) and the Tutor. This license provides Tutors with the opportunity to deliver SFA training programmes, within the terms and conditions of the license.
What you will learn
Upon completion, tutors:
- Are entitled to deliver the SFA: Suicide First Aid programme using course materials approved by C&G of London and provided by Suicide First Aid Qualifications;
- Will meet a professional competency standard in mental health and also possess a formal teaching qualification (PTLLS, PGCE or PG Cert or equivalent) or have significant prior experience in the delivery of face to face learning;
- Will have the opportunity to devise their own business model for how they will disseminate the SFA: Suicide First Aid programmes to their business audience. Ideally, Tutors will be an established training provider, either to an identified professional group within an organisation, or a freelance trainer with an established customer base. SFA and SFA Lite programmes are not suitable for delivery by inexperienced educators without clearly identified audiences for programme delivery post-ATT.
- Whilst there is an expectation that Tutors will deliver the programmes as per the guidance set out within the Associate Tutor Training Manual. The learning outcomes are presented in a best practice format. Tutors have flexibility to present the learning using their own teaching style, experiences and initiative, maintaining congruence with the learning outcomes and methods set out by the ATT Manual/guidance from an SFA Mentor.
- Associate Tutors will be assigned a personal SFA Mentor at their ATT programme, with whom they will liaise and work towards meeting the competency standards set out by C&G and SFA: Suicide First Aid. Ongoing professional development, support, mentoring, and coaching will be available through the National Centre for Suicide Prevention Training UK’s support team.
- SFA and SFA Lite are endorsed by C&G of London, learners receive an Endorsed Certificate of Attendance following attendance and participation of the workshop. To achieve the full Suicide First Aid through Understanding Suicide Intervention accreditation, learners enroll with C&G and electronically submit a completed written assessment within 6 weeks of programme delivery. SFA Associate Tutors receive a Suicide First-Aider Workbook credit from SFA: Suicide First Aid for every learner who registers with C&G.