Regulations require organisations involved in the transportation, loading or unloading of dangerous goods above a certain load threshold must employ one or more Dangerous Goods Safety Advisors (DGSAs). This intensive course covers transport units, marking and placarding, documentation, compliance thresholds, filing, stowage, loading and segregations, cleaning or decontamination, operational procedures, emergency response requirements, environmental protection and legal framework, there is also an examination element. This is a legally required qualification. Dates provided are for the training days only, all dates including the revision day and exam day will be specified when official registration has occurred. Please contact the Professional Development team directly for more information.
What you will learn
Learners will be equipped with the skills to perform the duties of the DGSA:
- Monitoring compliance with rules governing transport of dangerous goods.
- Advising business on the transport of dangerous goods.
- Prepare annual reports on the business activities in the transport of dangerous goods.
- Monitor procedures and safety measures.
- Investigate and compile reports on any accidents or emergencies.
- Advise on potential security aspects of transport.