The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification program will equip participants with the technical competencies, team leadership skills and change management skills to lead Lean Six Sigma projects using the Lean Principles and DMAIC (Define Measure Analyse Improve Control) methodology. The 10-day program will cover the most contemporary process improvement practices adopted by leading organisations and proponents of Lean Sigma Transformation in manufacturing, service, healthcare, financial, public sector as well as many other industries.
Business success in any organisation requires vision, products and services that add value, processes that are efficient, people who are competent and a culture that supports the behaviours of improvement and development. This course will address all these aspects with a significant focus on the cultural change and the role of the Lean Sigma Black Belt in the facilitation, change management and application of the tools to change a culture.
The role of the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a business improvement professional that is able to support the Lean and Six Sigma implementation journey in organisations, including assisting systems and tools implementation. They possess the ability to mentor multiple teams, monitor performance of all activities and engage leadership support to deliver genuine business improvements.
This programme will run over 5 months and will focus heavily on the application of the tools rather than their academic understanding.
The course covers the phases of a typical Lean Transformation utilising Lean Principles and Six Sigma: Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control.
The methodology follows a structured sequence of problem solving techniques and cultural change management to arrive at a solution. Statistics aid in the decision-making process and help to validate the success of changes. Cultural facilitation embeds that change.
- This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Course is recommended for all those in an organisation who will lead medium or large improvements and who will act as coaches or mentors to others involved in the improvement programme.
- It is suitable for managers, internal consultants, change agents, project managers, team leaders, business improvement leaders or facilitators.
- It is a pre-requisite that participants possess a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent and have identified a significant improvement project that they will implement over the duration of the course.
- Process improvement/cost savings project that will be done in conjunction with training.
- Laptop Computer
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Minitab Statistical Software
- Enterprise-wide overview
- Lean Assessment
- Organisational Process Management and Measures
- Management of change
- Project Stakeholder Analysis
- Process Mapping
- Process characteristics
- Data collection
- Data Analysis Overview
- Pareto Analysis
- Waste Analysis
- Run Charts
- Scatter Plot or Correlation Diagram
- Multi-Variant Analysis
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Analysing and Selecting Solutions- Decision Matrix
- Line Balancing/Operator Balance Charts
- Full-Scale Implementation
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Kaizen and Kaizen Blitz
- Theory of constraints (TOC)
- Maintain controls
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Frameworks and Methodologies
Learn from two of Ireland's top professionals in Business Transformation and Continuous Improvement.
Top quality professional training service from Trigraph - a supplier to most of Ireland's major employers across all sectors