- ITIL® Foundation is a prerequisite to take ITIL® Practitioner as it supplements, rather than substitutes the Foundation qualification.
- To that end the ITIL® Practitioner syllabus will require delegates to have passed their ITIL® Foundation exam and be familiar with the principles of ITSM and the organization-wide common language of ITIL®.
- These learnings will be put in context to answer the 'how' of successful improvement initiatives with ITIL® Practitioner, which is the next step after Foundation, not a substitution.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Use the foundational ITIL concepts that are important drivers for improvement initiatives
- Apply the ITSM Guiding Principles of a service-oriented approach to I
- Address the people side of improvements through the application of Organizational Change Management practices
- Provide practical guidance on how individuals can leverage Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Improve the capability of individuals throughout the business.
- Adopt and adapt ITIL in their day-to-day roles to generate maximum business benefits.
- Leverage other frameworks and good practices and methodologies - such as Lean, DevOps, Agile and SIAM - to further enhance the value of ITSM.
This course will cover the following:
- CSI Approach - Using the CSI Approach as an organizing framework to lead a person and/or team through practical adoption of ITIL/ITSM guidance. Includes selected specific methods and techniques to use during particular steps of the approach.
- Guiding Principles - A set of broad principles that should be used to guide decisions and actions when adopting ITIL/ITSM – typically as a person and/or team moves through the steps of the CSI Approach.
- Critical Competencies - Three areas in which it is critical for a practitioner and/or organization to have and apply competencies in order for them to be successful in adopting the ITIL/ITSM guidance:
- Measurement & Metrics
- Organizational Change Management
This course is suitable for all ITSM professionals seeking to take the knowledge gained from ITIL Foundation and apply it successfully within an organizational context.