This course aims to provide learners with the knowledge of understanding involved with both initial and period inspection and testing of electrical installations in accordance with statutory and non-statutory requirements.
The qualification has one on-screen examination and one practical assessment.
The examination is open book and students will require a copy of IET Guidance Note 3.
What you will learn
1. Understand the health and safety requirements which apply when inspection, testing and commissioning an electrical installation.
2. Understand the requirements for inspecting and testing electrical installations.
3. Understand the requirements for the safe inspection of electrical installations.
4. Understand the requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations.
5. Carry out the inspection and testing of an electrical installation.