The Certificate and Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring are ideal qualifications for managers with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of their day-to-day role. They are also designed to develop learners planning to move into a development role or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
There are three mandatory units in each qualification.
Unit 1 - Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring
This enables learners to understand the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring, and build a business case.
Unit 2 - Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor
This gives learners the ability to critically review their own personal qualities, skills and competence.
Unit 3 for the Certificate – Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace
This requires learners to demonstrate their ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours of coaching and mentoring in the workplace.
Unit 4 for the Diploma – Undertaking an extended period of management coaching or mentoring in the workplace
This requires an extended 100 hours of coaching and mentoring, with multiple clients, with an added focus on using supervision and reflective review to develop individual practice.
What you will learn
By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Consider the difference between Coaching and Mentoring and how to use each effectively
- Explore case studies and research papers to inspire and generate ideas for your organisation
- Benchmark your organisation’s coaching and mentoring readiness and culture against other organisation’s which have embraced this approach
- Prepare a coaching and mentoring strategy through the research and analysis required for the completion of assignments
- Identify tools and techniques to support coaching and mentoring interventions appropriate to your organisation
- Create a development plan through self-assessment, diagnostic tools and benchmarking against recognised coaching and mentoring levels and competencies
- Practice your coaching and mentoring skills and get feedback based on observation of coaching conversations
- Grow in confidence as a professional coach/ mentor
- Demonstrate coaching and mentoring competence through successfully completing the Level 5 qualification