This is an intensive course for confident Excel PC users who are ready to learn at a fast pace. This course is for those that need to use Excel to quickly and effectively analyse data. The techniques range from those for speedy analysis to setting up complex automated dashboards.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Set out your data, and create charts, to provide the clearest possible picture of the meaning of the information.
- Use conditional formatting to highlight and quickly identify the variety in results, the top 10, the top 10% and so on.
- Use conditional formatting for traffic light colour coding – creating RAG highlighting (Red Amber Green).
- Quickly identify the key trends in the data using Pivot Tables.
- Use filters, group selection and value field settings in Pivot Tables to quickly produce detailed analysis.
- Use Slicers to filter the results of many pivot tables.
- Example: Set up quarterly analysis of thousands of records in under a minute.
- Solve the most common issues with importing data from large databases or other sources.
- Automate the spread-sheet so updates only require a cut-and-paste.
- Create inter-active dashboards to display key information.
- Use drop-down menus to enable others to extract information.
- Add validation and criteria analysis.
- Use data analysis functions to extract summary information.