Conduct better negotiations with confidence and achieve better outcomes for your organisation. This course uncovers the process, practice and psychology of negotiations for those involved in regular purchasing decisions for their organisation. Delegates will engage in role-play scenarios that will leave them with a new perspective on handling supplier relationships.
What you will learn
- Whose side are you on? – Understanding your responsibility to your organisation throughout the negotiation process.
- Win-win – Everybody talks about it, but what happens when the supplier is uninterested in an outcome that suits both parties? This course covers how to ensure that your interests are met – without having to give away more than you are prepared.
- The psychology of negotiation – Why people do what they do and how to recognise and take advantage of unusual behaviour.
- Understanding the supplier’s perspective. What are their ‘yard-sticks’ and how do they manage their business?
- Preparation – Establish your limits and prepare for what you will do if you can’t agree.
- Opening the negotiation – Taking control, establishing your position and consistently achieving better outcomes.
- Conducting the negotiation – Questioning skills and understanding how to ‘Trade’ properly.
- Closure – Clarify the agreed points and ensure the deal sticks.