This course is for anyone who has never used Excel before (or any other spreadsheet package) or those who have some experience editing data but are not confident creating calculations (including ones that use fixed figures like VAT) and charts. It is suitable for users of both Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
What you will learn
- Create, save, close, open and print spreadsheets
- Insert and delete rows or columns in your spreadsheet
- Get Excel to add up numbers automatically
- Copy formulae in your spreadsheet whilst keeping one of the cell references constant
- Sort large databases into order and filter to show only the data you need
- Alter the look of the numbers and text, add comments, lay out text with merged cells and wrapped text, use cell styles, change the layout for printing.
- Visually represent numbers and text (as a chart) in your spreadsheet, to make them stand out and easy to understand