This course focuses on how to create a positive safeguarding culture around social media.
Adults at Risk and the Online World is a ½ day workshop supporting professionals to be more confident, knowledgeable and skilled when providing appropriate support to adults at risk of abuse and neglect. It is ideal for:
- Health and Social Care Professionals
- SAB Members
- Registered Providers
- Housing and Supported Living Professionals
- Further Education Professionals
- Other professionals who work with adult at risk of abuse and neglect
What you will learn
By the end of this programme delegates will:
- Know what social media is and how it works;
- Understand the risks and benefits of social media for adults at risk;
- Understand how to prevent social media being a vehicle of abuse, while providing individuals with independence and choice;
- Support and empower carers to ensure they can safeguard those they care for;
- Respond effectively, maximising the available legal framework and other means of developing appropriate and sensitive safeguarding plans.