Management Essentials is an introductory programme for aspiring and new managers to support delegates through the transition from operational to management roles.
The programme is designed to help managers understand their current paradigm, enabling them to employ different thought processes so they can work effectively in their new role (even though it may be outside their former comfort zone).
The Institute of Leadership and Management has recognised Management Essentials as an Endorsed Programme.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This course consists of 3 modules which are facilitated over a total of 4 classroom days during a period of 3 months. The modules are:
- Do you have what it takes?
- Managing today, managing tomorrow
The course applies a very experiential approach to enable delegates to demonstrate current skills, reflect on these, and acquire key knowledge to develop the skills and behaviours needed for management roles.
What you will learn
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand how to manage self and continuously develop skills and behaviours;
- Be armed with the skills and behaviours to manage individuals and teams;
- Have a greater understanding of managing projects and resources, including people and finance;
- Understand how to manage change and innovation.